We may collect and hold various types of personal information including your name, mobile phone number, address, email address, your likeness, image, date of birth, gender, location, interests, service usage, feedback, apple ID, android application ID, information on the tournaments entered into, questions answered and your answers to questions, usage and preference information, device information such as network, operating system, hardware and software and phone type and any information and postings available in any linked social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter and other information about you which we need in order to conduct our business and / or provide you with our services and the App. We may also obtain information about user activities, analytical data and other generic information. We may also collect your IP address, log information, your browser type and language, pages and tournaments you visit or access, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, purchased or downloaded items and number of coins purchased and used.
When you send us a request, such as to our Support department, we may ask you to identify yourself by name, mobile number or email address in order to send you a response, if appropriate.
The Privacy Act also protects your sensitive information. If we need to obtain this type of information, we will ask for your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law.
It may not be practical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself or you are using a pseudonym.
However, where it is practical, such as to respond to an enquiry about our App, products or business, we will allow individuals to remain anonymous.
If you take part in a private or invite only tournament, QuizJam may share your information with the promoter, organiser, advertiser or sponsor of that Tournament which may include your employer if your employer has organised the tournament.
How we collect and hold personal information If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you by phone, the App, our website, email, sms and mobiles and uploaded content such as videos, images, forms generated within the App or website.
We may collect your personal information from other sources including from:
- our website;
- the App;
- video, images, text, messages, comments and submissions you upload or post on the App, our website or social media platforms;
- cookies and other technologies to collect information; and
- information collected automatically from your browser and your phone when you visit our website or use our App.
When you visit our website or App, we may assign your computer or Phone one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and App and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages and apps you visit/use and the links you click. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website and App.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer/phone for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website/App, we will record your username and the name on your account in the cookie file on your computer/Phone. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a username or ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and services.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. If you do so, some of the features and services of our website/App may not function properly.
Other TechnologiesWe may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site and the App. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages, SMS and Push Notifications to determine whether messages/notifications have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our users in order to measure the overall effectiveness of our website, App and business.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive/phone, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages or in an email.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
We will only collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect, in both paper and electronic form, from misuse and loss as well as from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Reasonable steps include:
- Confirming the identity of any individual wishing to access personal information;
- In order to make every effort to ensure that your experience is secure, we use encryption technology to protect you against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Only staff members who need your personal information in order to do deal you’re your business or answer your requests or are given access to it. Employees are provided with training and information regarding the proper handling of personal information. All information stored in our computer
system is protected from unauthorised access and information that is stored in document form is kept in secure locations to prevent access by unauthorised persons.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- delivering, supplying and improving our services and the App;
- provide products and services you request;
- develop new features for the App;
- to achieve our firm / business objectives;
- handling privacy complaints and issues;
- managing your account and providing you with customer support;
- performing research and analysis about your use of our products, services, or content, or that of our sponsors and advertisers;
- to communicate with you to better understand your needs through competitions, market research, loyalty programs or to comply with QuizJam’s legal obligations;
- to provide you with information about products and services offered by QuizJam;
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service provided to you;
- to notify you of promotions that may be of interest you;
- to better understand your preferences;
- to provide account activity;
- to determine the advertising that may appear during your use of the App or website;
- to send you emails, SMS and push notifications, however, you may elect to opt-out of such correspondence at any time by notifying us;
- to communicate administrative issues and issues with your account;
- to assess the performance of the website and App and to improve the operation of the website and App;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers, advertisers, sponsors or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of QuizJam, its related bodies corporate, contractors, advertisers, sponsors or service providers;
- recommend features, content, social connections, referrals and advertisements;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
Does QuizJam share this information with anyone else?
Yes, QuizJam may share your information with:
- advertisers, sponsors, promoters of tournaments and other parties;
- our employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, related bodies corporate, contractors and service providers;
- marketing partners, consultants and retailers;
- web and App hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators;
- other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our App; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer (e.g., for private tournaments), if you participate in any of our private or invite only tournaments; together (“Third Parties”).
We, or Third Parties, may disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe that it's necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to protect the interests of QuizJam, our business partners, affiliates or its guests, or the interests of our Third Parties.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law;
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, board members, shareholders, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Our website and Apps may contain links to other websites or Apps operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website or App and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website or App. Third party websites and Apps are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
How can I access or correct my personal information?
If you have a QuizJam account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account.
You also may choose to delete the App from your phone. After you delete the App we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the Business, the App, website and or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Information may have also already been transmitted to Third Parties which will remain with such parties after the deletion of the App from your phone.
To access your information or to correct information we are holding or for more information or assistance with accessing your personal information, please contact us and we will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible.
QuizJam will give access in the manner requested unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
There are some circumstances in which the APPs provide that we can refuse your request for access to your personal information including if we believe the access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or if the access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals or if the information contains commercially sensitive information or if we can refuse the request by law. We shall inform you of our decision and reasons for any refusal of your request.
Your Choices About Collection And Use Of Your Information You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our platform because such information may be required in order to deliver SMS and email messages, and or forms; ask a question; contact our support or initiate other services offered on our App.
We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail, SMS and push notifications, such as service announcements and administrative notices. Please note that, changing information in your account will only affect future activities or communications from us.
How to complain about a breach of the APPs and how we will deal with such a complaint If you would like to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information or if you think we have breached the APPs or any other binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act, please contact us with your complaint in writing. We will endeavour to deal with your complaint as quickly as possible. We may give a copy of your complaint to any affected party for their comment so we can properly investigate any issues. We will determined what (if any) action we should take to resolve the complaint and notify you of our decision and our reasons.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint you may file a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
It is expected that, under normal circumstances, personal information will be released to overseas recipients. If there is a request to release information to an overseas recipient to further investigate a support issue then we will contact you and request your consent to release the information to the specific person or organisation. In addition, we will only release information overseas in accordance with the requirements of the APPs and all Australian data protection and privacy laws.
Where we send your information to overseas service providers, we will make sure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We have been advised by the relevant companies that they will protect such personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure such compliance.
Notwithstanding the above, Privacy Principle 8.1 of the APPs, to the extent permissible by the Act, shall not apply to disclosure of your personal information
No Rights Of Third Parties
For more information in relation to Privacy you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting their website at htttp://www.oaic.gov.au/.
As our website and App is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Hosted in the United States
QuizJam is hosted in the United States, if you do not reside in United States, then you, by using our website or App you consent to the transfer of any personal information to the United States.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at: